Friday, March 18, 2005

What happens when a 7 month old gets a skein of yarn?

This:


Oh well. I think it's salvageable. I haven't gotten much more done on the shawl. Somehow amidst the chaos that is my life, I managed to get one stitch off, so I ended up tinking the whole thing and starting over. Here's my progress:



I haven't even TOUCHED the aran afghan in a while. Oh well, it will still be waiting for me. I am glad the webring seems to be growing, and I hope the forum will do the same.

How does anyone ever get a project completed. By the time I buy all of the supplies and get a new project started, I'm already thinking of others I'd like to try. I'm very interested in trying to knit with beads. I'd love to get my hands on Knit and Crochet With Beads. I saw the author on an episode of Knitty Gritty. I have a birthday coming up soon. Maybe I'll have to strongly hint! LOL I went to a LBeadS today with my mother. The woman who greeted us was so extremely rude there today, I didn't even buy a thing! I couldn't believe it. I spent over $100 there on beads for Christmas ornaments in the month of December and even have a frequent shopper savings card. I bet it's because I had both girls with me today. She was downright snotty. I came home and wrote a curt email. We'll see if I get a reply.

Thanks to BluFELICIA, I'm very curious about TKGA. I may have to look into that more. I also need to say thank you for all the knitters you sent my way!
That's all I really know right now. Thanks for checking in!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

What happens to a skein of yarn with a 7 month old is very similar to what happens to one with a 16 year old cat! Chaos!!!

A Clapotis is a shawl / scarf pattern from Knitty.com. They're fun to make and everyone seems to get a thrill out of dropping a stitch on purpose.

Friday, March 18, 2005 4:29:00 PM  
Anonymous heather said...

Well..as you know from my site..I've been experiencing the same thing lately!!! Fortunately my soon to be 5 month old is too fat to get very far, it's the other one I have to worry about though!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home