Monday, March 14, 2005

Trip to the LYS was a no go....

Okay, so I chickened out. I didn't get brave enough to go buy "real" yarn. Instead I headed to my local Joann fabrics. I was excited to find a Harmony Guide that had some windowpane stiches in them. I used the 40% off coupon and only paid about $6 for it!



I picked that up, thinking of the shawl my mother would like me to make.


I also picked up some cotton yarn, and some fun fur to match the sweater I'm working on for my oldest daughter.



Can you tell I have two girls? LOL I'm hoping to create matching sweaters out of that. LOL If not, it'll fluff up my yarn stash.


I haven't made any progress on my sampler afghan. I'd post a picture, but I had to tink as much as I'd knit, so it's hard to tell I went anywhere! That's what I get for trying to do cables around a 3 year old!


Even though I bought the new stitches book, my mother decides she wants her shawl done in the seed stitch! Argh! LOL But, considering the yarn she picked out, it's probably a good thing. She chose Lion Brand Jiffy in El Paso. I'll have to steer her in a lighter weight and color next time. So, I've cast on and gotten about 4 rows done:



So, I am now in pursuit of recommendations for budget yarn. I'll let you know if I get any good recommendations or sources. Thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kim said...

An inexpensive yarn I like is Caron Supersoft, available pretty widely in craft stores. It's acrylic, but very soft and very reasonably priced. I knit Knitty's Clapotis up for about $12, compared to the $80 I'd have spent on the recommended (albeit yummy) Lorna's Laces.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 4:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Maggie said...

Another thing to do is to get on the mailing list of your LYS and find out when they've got a good sale going on. I've gotten good yarns for cheaper than Joannes [or comparable places] on a good sale.

You've proablable already mentioned checking out thrift stores for wool sweaters to unravel?

Saturday, December 24, 2005 9:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home