Friday, March 25, 2005

Thrifty KAL

Okay, thanks to Heather, I've decided to kick off a Thrifty KAL. We'll start it on April 15th. For those of us in the US, that will provide something more fun to look forward to instead of tax day! The guidelines are such:


  • The knit-a-long will start on April 15th and run as long as there are people interested. However, for those that start on time, we'll have a vote starting on May 15th and ending May 20th for the most creative, most resourceful, and best overall project. Winners will receive special buttons for their blogs and maybe a small prize. (Please contact me if you want to donate a prize.)

  • Projects may be whatever you like, but for materials, you must recycle a thrift store find, a project to be frogged, or an awesome sale find from eBay or such.

  • Maximum spent on yarn, buttons, or the like must be $10 US. Needles do not count towards the total.

  • Email me if you would like to participate so I can give you the password for the forum. An EZBoard membership is required to post (but not to view), and is free.

  • Keep us updated with your progress and questions.

  • Be creative and have fun!!!



For reference, please refer to the Knitty Gritty episode on Refashioning Knits.

Here is a button for you button-blog-o-philes! Don't forget to mind your manners and host it on your own site!

10 Comments:

Anonymous heather said...

Yippee..yippeee...this will be so much fun. And I'm all about donating prize stuff..I have a lot of yarn (cheapo stuff that makes great kids stuff) that Ii could part with. Make sure you send the button to the 2005 KALs so other people can find out!

Friday, March 25, 2005 9:40:00 PM  
Blogger Momma22wildfires said...

Thanks for the tip! I did just that!

Saturday, March 26, 2005 12:37:00 AM  
Blogger Liberty's Yarn said...

Sign me up! I am actually working on something now that will fit the bill. Awesome idea!

Liberty

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

I am SO in! I have a project going that would qualify, but I might have to start something new...

Thursday, March 31, 2005 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger Oslofia said...

Hi...I would love to join the KAL...so please sign me up. I bought some really cheap yarn today that will be perfect for this project =)

Saturday, April 02, 2005 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger redshelf said...

sounds...good to me...I have a lot of projects from thrift stores....and I want to join
dnxggl(redshelf)

Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

OK, I'm in too.. Just frogged three garage sale sweaters in the last week - now to find something to do with my $3.60 worth of yarn.

Sunday, April 10, 2005 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Liberty's Yarn said...

OK, I hope this isn't cheating, but I managed to crank out 1 irish hiking scarf with about half of the alpaca that I frogged from a goodwill find. So I think the scarf used up about $1.50...this is awesome.

Liberty

Monday, April 18, 2005 9:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

This recycling & being thrifty is *fun*. (My Grandmother once told me that I could hang onto a dollar until George yelled for help & I considered it a compliment {g}) I've finished a button-hole bag from about 2/5ths of the reclaimed Lopi sweater - at 25¢ for the sweater, that's about 10¢. I checked the web for the amount of Lopi that it takes to make a circular yoke sweater, about 9 skeins for the smallest size, and a skein of Lopi runs about $5.50, so there was about $50 of yarn in that sweater. I've also started the Aibhlinn cowl from Knitty with the cream DK reclaimed from the aran sweater, another 25¢ find. Pictures on my blog at Plain Jane Knits.

Monday, April 25, 2005 6:25:00 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, April 13, 2007 9:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home