Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Birth of the Thrifty Knits Webring and Forum

As a SAHM on a limited budget, I was desperately searching for others out there who just can't fathom spending $100+/- on one sweater....just on yarn alone. I don't know about you, but my budget just can't handle it. I was disappointed to see there wasn't much out there. So, I decided to create my own. Here goes!



Rules:

1. You must have a knitting blog. This can be hosted on a variety of sites, but the main subject must be knitting.
2. You must be partial to bargain hunting, sales snooping, and being resourceful. Sometimes the only time we know about a great buy is by word of mouth or dumb luck.
3. Your blog must be active for a minimum of one month, with at least one post per week.
4. Keep it clean! Be friendly and courteous. This means no major attacks or profanity. No adult humor or pictures will be accepted.
5. The ring's "Next," "Join," and "Previous" links must be present, working, on your main page and easily visible.
6. Use of our community forum is suggested, but not required.
7. Please have the links in place before applying. TK's button image must be hosted on your own server space.

These rules may be amended/appended at any time, upon my discretion. Those who fail to follow the rules will receive notice that they are temporarily suspended. If they fail to rectify the offense within 72 hours, their blog will be permanantly removed from the ring.


Join now!
Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments.

Here is a button for you to use. Don't forget to save it and host it on your space!

10 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Hello, Knittin' Momma!

I think this webring is well overdue, and I'm in the process of telling everyone about you. I run another webring myself, and the ring starts to get fun when there are at least 20 bloggers in it.

Thanks again, for approving me so quickly!

bluFELICIA
http://blufelicia.typepad.com

Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Momma22wildfires said...

Yeah! I was so excited to see you waiting to be approved this morning! I'm working on getting a forum up, but I'm not sure of the best way/place to host it.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

I'd love to be part of this! I too think it is totally ridiculous how much yarn costs sometimes. I'm definitely always hunting for a good deal..unfortunately that sometimes backfires though..I buy stuff that's such a great deal and then don't know what to do with it! :)

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:46:00 PM  
Anonymous heather said...

Hey...lets hold an official "thrifty ring" challenge. Like a thrifty KAL. Pick a time frame, we all have to find some yarn to recycle like a sweater we have or from a thrift shop, we can't spend over 10 dollars on that item..we can rip it out, recycle the yarn and make something else. Wouldn't that be fun, a thrifty challenge.

Friday, March 25, 2005 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Momma22wildfires said...

I LOVE that idea!!!! I'll get started on it right away!

Friday, March 25, 2005 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hi, i am always hurting for money to get yarn for projects! count me in for the challenge! i am waiting to be approved for the ring! can you tell me how to recycle the yarn getting the most out of the item i am ripping out?

Saturday, April 02, 2005 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger Romy geissler said...

my new blog address is...purldotknit.blogger.com

Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:38:00 PM  
Anonymous dawn said...

I won't be joining you, as I do spent lots on my new projects, but what a brilliant idea! Too many of us bloggers chat away about how we bought this luxury yarn, and these expensive needles. I don't have children and work full time, so my money is spent purely on myself. I can't believe that no-one's thought of this before now!
Good luck!
Dawn

Sunday, April 03, 2005 2:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The senior center's thrift shop in West Seattle has great deals on yarn, and more selection of yarn than most other thrift shops I've checked out. If you live nearby, that would be a good place to check out. I bought 10 skeins of yarn for $8 dollars, and since they wanted to move their inventory and not be stuck with 2 odd-ball skeins, they threw in the last 2 for free. So, I had enough for a matching scarf also.

Friday, July 15, 2005 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Hi.. Thanks for the post. I don't don"t why the email gets bounced???
So how do I get my ring code now???
I just saved the button...
Penny
peneloercola@aol.com
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/
Maybe if you give me your email I can email you???

Monday, November 28, 2005 2:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home